More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 26, 01:07:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...  (Read 29695 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 30, 01:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've given up on the blind date thing. I had two successful relationships from that method (Colleen Goth-Bayfield was sent Sean Love of the adopted Tricou kids and are now married, and I have another teen female who was sent his brother, Knut Baity, and are now going steady), but every other blind date has been awful, no matter how much money I paid. I have a houseful, about 18 residents, and it was impossible for them to have a blind date who had not already dated someone else in the household. Slappity slappity slap. I also had one of my gay male sims get sent Pao, the mailman, who is not gay in my game. That went over reallllly well...
the only sim in Justin's house in my game to use the gypsy so far is Justin.Jeremiah aka Josh scoped the room at the botannical garden resturaunt in Downtown Lover's Lane to find his dream date.Joe is currently flirting it up and tipping the maid Lucy Hanby with thoughts of woohoo of course,Joel,Jory and Jude are in the Uni Bin awaiting placement. so only Lexi and Tiffany are still at home with 5 days to go til they are teens. I have another Romance sim named Lance Walker living in Lovers Lane but I dont think he is in the mood to date right now his son  met up with the insimenator and just died. I did the unthinkable and cleansed my neighborhood of sims that dont fit into  the storyline I am working on so as a result 5 sims are now in the cemetary with the three others that died  one of old age one died by satellite  and the third Kendal Lawson died on the Job at my sims house I have no clue what her cause of death was.the three latter sims died without me doing a thing. it was their time I guess

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 30, 01:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your Jory, Jude and Joel are now older than mine? Mine will be teens for quite a while. Justin was a teen from his birth last April, until just before I got NL, in September. He was such a cutie-pie teen and I was afraid he'd let me down as an adult. Hoo hoo haw haw! Funny thought.

So what will you do when they die? Sad day in Simsville. I don't want to know when it happens.  Wink
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 30, 01:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your Jory, Jude and Joel are now older than mine? Mine will be teens for quite a while. Justin was a teen from his birth last April, until just before I got NL, in September. He was such a cutie-pie teen and I was afraid he'd let me down as an adult. Hoo hoo haw haw! Funny thought.

So what will you do when they die? Sad day in Simsville. I don't want to know when it happens.  Wink
actually all of them have quite awhile left I used Merola's painting and Rolled them Back Justin has 58 simdays left as an adult Jeremiah has 60 Joe has 38 .I will turn aging off on them as soon as Lexie and Tiffany are teens and a quick check I have 2 Joels and Jude's in my hood.Justins are still at home its the other Family That has theirs at uni. Joryis also still at home. with all of them having 15 days til adulthood.Joshua the clone of Justin now has 2 boys Jacob and Jonathon. Jonathon is a toddler and Jacob is a newborn. so I doubt that death is imminent for any of the Danforths aka the Bayfields

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 30, 01:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you have 2 Joels and Judes? Are they the same sim?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 30, 02:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you have 2 Joels and Judes? Are they the same sim?
nope they are in different families entirely Joel and Jude are twins of my original Family in the hood the Coopers. I rarely ever play that family as they are totally stuck on stupid . But I decided to send the boys to Uni and see if that improves this grouchy stupid families outlook. Jory Brought Joel cooper home the first day he went to school in Lover's Lane and Joel Cooper walked up to Justin and Ventrillo farted him .I laughed when Justin got even with him and threw a water balloon at JC. my daughter named them way back when I first got Uni. they have been in this hood for months on end as they are the family she created. I looked in Sim PE to see who it was I sent to Uni and Sim PE tells me Justins 5 Kids are all in Justins house it says the Cooper Twins are at Uni in an unknown household since they are in the student bin. I also had my game running a minute ago so I could double check and Jory,Jude and Joel are indeed at Justins house where they belong. thecooper twins are in the student bin.I dont have the heart to kill my daughters CAS Family even though I cant stand them

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 30, 02:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's a coincidence having a set of brothers named Joel and Jude already in the hood. I'd be so comfuzzled.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 30, 03:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that's a coincidence having a set of brothers named Joel and Jude already in the hood. I'd be so comfuzzled.
ROFL  I am  I couldnt remember who I sent to Uni until I checked my game and SimPE Grin

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 30, 22:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The matchmaker is scarry situation,  Isabelle Monty got Puck Summerdream as a match --that was awkward--I usually make it work when I get a teen and adult (being a perfectionist I have to have all dream dates) but I made an exception with this one and put my foot down.  Just say NO man!!!  Nervous got Erin Singles as a matched date--I would of never put them together.  I have a lot of teens as matched dates--I even had an adult ask a teen on a date( I thought it was an outing--or I would of never said ok).  That is probably the one thing that I don't like about Inteen.  When I pay for a date --I want it to be age appropriate.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 31, 00:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The matchmaker is scarry situation,  Isabelle Monty got Puck Summerdream as a match --that was awkward--I usually make it work when I get a teen and adult (being a perfectionist I have to have all dream dates) but I made an exception with this one and put my foot down.  Just say NO man!!!  Nervous got Erin Singles as a matched date--I would of never put them together.  I have a lot of teens as matched dates--I even had an adult ask a teen on a date( I thought it was an outing--or I would of never said ok).  That is probably the one thing that I don't like about Inteen.  When I pay for a date --I want it to be age appropriate.
Here's a tip I learned the hard way LoL always check your sims if they are male before leaving CAS with them .I have a family that has three adult male Romance sims in it and three teen Romance sims that are male in it  and 2 little girls. I had all the males lined up with various dates .I couldnt figure out why the dates were answering in the negative when asked if they like what they were seeing.everyone here has seen Brynnes pixelated Hottie Justin  well I left CAS today with Justin's Father,Brother and three sons the are also pixelated hotties. well I went SimPE to start the Process of editing Memories  fo the family and as I was looking at character traits I discovered the guys are all wearing MAKEUP. no wonder their dates were saying yuck Grin

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 31, 11:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had to redo some Sims' TurnOns/TurnOffs to straighten that kind of thing out. ALL my male Sims wear blush and eyeliner ~ subtle, for the most part ~ so at least half my neighborhood is turned on by makeup. An Avon rep could clean up in that town...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 31, 12:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have explained to bangelnuts before her horrific simpe discoverment that my male sims do wear makeup. Just enough to make their lips a  little less brown. Oh, and the veneers they wear are considered "full-face makeup" by the game. I edited them in simpe to have those traits unchecked for them, however. Sorry, bangelnuts!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 31, 12:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have explained to bangelnuts before her horrific simpe discoverment that my male sims do wear makeup. Just enough to make their lips a  little less brown. Oh, and the veneers they wear are considered "full-face makeup" by the game. I edited them in simpe to have those traits unchecked for them, however. Sorry, bangelnuts!
no problem if they had been put in a blank neighborhood rather than Lovers Lane its likely the makeup issue never would have arisen in" do you like what you see" but although Lover's Lane is a custom neighborhood it was already well established before Justin and the gang moved in.. in any case with a bordello moving into town I dont think  finding woo hoo partners will be an issue any longer for my Romance sims. Lance Im Sure will be thrilled to have  the bordello there as well as Justin,Joe and Jeremiah .I canthink of four guaranteed customers among my playable sims right there for the madam  Grin and for Joe  he has the added Bonus that Bella is in Lover's Lane as well and is a Playable sim and yes she is the real Bella .I cloned her from Using Sim PE and imported her Clone to Lover's Lane and fortunately for Joe the clone of Bella took so well that  she has all her original personality traits and aspiration in tact.Brandi on the other Hand  her Clone refused to stick so I gave up and created my own Brandi .the only thing I did to Bella was dress her up in some new Clothes.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 31, 18:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but I can't seem to bring myself to change Bella out of that red dress, or Brandi out of the pink halter top and jeans...I did, however, give Bella shiny new hair immediately after putting her into the game.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 31, 22:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why, but I can't seem to bring myself to change Bella out of that red dress, or Brandi out of the pink halter top and jeans...I did, however, give Bella shiny new hair immediately after putting her into the game.
I changed her into Jeans and a sexy top and gave her some new makeup. Joe took one look and autnomously started whistlig at Bella. I guess she will soon be in maternity clothes though thank god they wont be the maxis ugly's.I have a downloaded set that replaces the maxis maternity clothes. I could not get Brandi's clone to Take no matter what I did so I created a new version of her. thats who my avatar is My version of Brandi Broke.Ironically in my neighborhood in the Last week I have  Had two other births to 2 different set s of parents.My Family the Aming's were the first of parents to give birth  and Steve and Kris  had twins two girls. the  Loveall's Finch and Kaylynn Just had twins a Boy and a Girl.Now Joe and Bella are expecting twins.I got night life a  couple of daysafter it was released and til now all my born in game sims had been single babies

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 01, 21:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ironically in my neighborhood in the Last week I have  Had two other births to 2 different set s of parents.My Family the Aming's were the first of parents to give birth  and Steve and Kris  had twins two girls. the  Loveall's Finch and Kaylynn Just had twins a Boy and a Girl.Now Joe and Bella are expecting twins.I got night life a  couple of daysafter it was released and til now all my born in game sims had been single babies

I've noticed this after NL too - lots of twins. I've had twins pretty often normally - enough so that I took out the triplets/quads hack so I could be surprised again. One family had them right before NL, and after NL, out of four births three were twins, all without hacks, unless LizzLove's autonomous bed affects things somehow.

Incidentally, they were all born to Sims who have had one or two single kids beforehand also. I just read the "myths" article here that says twins are born more often to Sims with a certain token, so I wonder if Maxis made sure to add more of those after NL to address some of the "I never get twins, how do you get twins?!" complaints...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 01, 22:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ironically in my neighborhood in the Last week I have  Had two other births to 2 different set s of parents.My Family the Aming's were the first of parents to give birth  and Steve and Kris  had twins two girls. the  Loveall's Finch and Kaylynn Just had twins a Boy and a Girl.Now Joe and Bella are expecting twins.I got night life a  couple of daysafter it was released and til now all my born in game sims had been single babies

I've noticed this after NL too - lots of twins. I've had twins pretty often normally - enough so that I took out the triplets/quads hack so I could be surprised again. One family had them right before NL, and after NL, out of four births three were twins, all without hacks, unless LizzLove's autonomous bed affects things somehow.

Incidentally, they were all born to Sims who have had one or two single kids beforehand also. I just read the "myths" article here that says twins are born more often to Sims with a certain token, so I wonder if Maxis made sure to add more of those after NL to address some of the "I never get twins, how do you get twins?!" complaints...
after uni came out my uni grad flooded the neighborhoods with twins, then I had some glitches and had to do a reinstall and still had twins here and there, but after Iput nightlife in absolutely no twins until this week now like I said Bella Goth  is pregnant with what will  the third set in a week. Bella's son's wife is pregnant thank fully it is only a single baby ..  Bella is not married to the father of her youngest children  of which she has a bunch but only 2 live in my neighborhood Brynne has the rest of the children she sent me these two and the father of the  twins to be.so  when she hits 50 hours pregnat I will have the father invite her over make her selectable so the babies are born at the father's house

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 02, 16:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm ... I've only had singletons so far with NL, but I've only let my sims have three babies and adopt another one, so maybe twins are just waiting in the wings?

I am trying to get a sim abducted. Alien twins would be cool.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 02, 18:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had one of my gay male sims get sent Pao, the mailman, who is not gay in my game. That went over reallllly well...

I just came here to post about Pao, how weird. He is like the forgotten NPC. No one cares about Pao (including me, really).

Anyway, in my game I have a CAS married couple (pre-NL), Harriet and Frank Horsenborg, that I hadn't played in eons. I loaded them up the other night and even after making their turn-ons match, they still had one lightning bolt for each other. Harriet's knowledge and Frank's financial. They were doing that thing where they were acting like family Sims, because I was having them be affectionate a lot, and they both rolled the "have a child" want at the same time.

Since it seemed like they didn't have any red-hot luuuve going on, I decided to have Harriet tramp around a bit. She can have children, but they won't be Frank's! So Harriet got knocked up in the photo booth by a CAS guy who has red hair, light skin, and blue eyes. Did I mention that Frank looks Italian?

This is where the "things I have learned" part comes in....Harriet was home from work and Frank was gone, so I decided to have her befriend another target guy for her next baby (she's having three, with three different baby daddies). Pao walks by to deliver the mail and Harriet gets all swoony over him. She was pregnant and starving, so I had her influence Pao to make her a meal. Then I had Harriet flirt with him a little bit and she went from swoony to disgusted, and had a strike through a bolt! I wonder what he said? Is Pao's grammar atrocious?

Anyway, I learned that Pao makes a kickass chef's salad. AND that you can lean on NPC your Sim doesn't know from Adam to feed desperate pregnant women.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 02, 19:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's hilarious, Assmitten! Poor Pao. Poor forgotten Pao.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 02, 20:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had one set of twins since NL out of like 6 or 7 birhts.

I personally don't think they changed the odds of twins, I think it's just the BBs sheepies being silly agaiin and starting silly rumors.

just came here to post about Pao, how weird. He is like the forgotten NPC. No one cares about Pao (including me, really).

Pao married the 2nd generation of my legacy challenge. He's dead now. I cared about him only because he had avery good skill profile. He was my first sim to max out all skills and reach the top of a career.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 03, 15:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be something about the mail carriers. Sheldon Handby also has a lot of skill points and maxxed out fairly easily.

Probably random by game. I didn't like him at all and so haven't checked him out since the new install. He wasn't a nice guy, and made a lousy stepfather. His wife, the former Brandi LeTourneau, ran away in the middle of the night, taking the children with her. And it was her house!

Yes, I know I should have kicked him out, but this way was much more dramatic. Her stepson came back from college and kicked him out, invited her back in and married her, even though she was an elder by then.

How's that for twisted?  Grin

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 03, 16:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had one set of twins since NL out of like 6 or 7 birhts.

I personally don't think they changed the odds of twins, I think it's just the BBs sheepies being silly agaiin and starting silly rumors.

[.
I dont think they changed the odds either its just weird how the game decides when an overload of twins should be born and when nothing but single babies should be born. in the last week Ive had 4 births in my custom neighborhood  of those 4 births 3 gave birth to twins  1 gave birth to a single baby. two  sims are currently pregnant in my custom neighborhood  1 is pregnant with a single baby the other is pregnant with twins.my sim that is pregnant with twins  is pregnant by a married sim who is a Romance sim   and she has 1 son by this sim who is an adult in my game. my storyline for this sim who is a family sim is to make her the hood  sleep around sim . I have to keep new storylines going for my sims or I get bored quickly.My unmarried Family sim rolled the  have a baby want so I went with that  want and had her invite the father of her adult Son to her house and then had her ask him on a date she obliged and he obliged whe I sent them "to relax" and then clicked try for a baby the first time no lullaby the second time I got the lullaby and the  DMA box confirmed the pregnancy and said twins are on the way.of course the father is a romance sim so he was only to happy to oblige the try for a baby command I gave my My Mom to be. Grin

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 05, 04:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think they changed the odds either its just weird how the game decides when an overload of twins should be born and when nothing but single babies should be born. in the last week Ive had 4 births in my custom neighborhood  of those 4 births 3 gave birth to twins  1 gave birth to a single baby. two  sims are currently pregnant in my custom neighborhood  1 is pregnant with a single baby the other is pregnant with twins.[/quote]

It's definitely odd - and I have the same situation again right now. Two pregnancies - I peeked at one (it hasn't been born yet) and let the other one be a surprise. And, surprise - twins, again. This makes four sets of twins out of the last five pregnancies, and for all I know the fifth could have been if it had been natural and I hadn't started it using the Insiminator. I guess it's the game's "sado-random" way of choosing, since there's also the all-too-common runs of everyone having boys or everyone having girls that many people seem to experience.

Another oddity with this last one, though - the mother had only WooHooed with the father of her twins once, and it was when she was a teenager. It was the autonomous bed. She's ten days away from elder now, and has moved once in the interim from the regular neighborhood to downtown. I was completely surprised when she started having morning sickness (I have Quiet Pregnancy in for more surprise) and thought the father HAD to be the Sim she's living with, even though I've only made them WooHoo and not Try, and I don't think I even have a Risky Woohoo hack in there. It wasn't, though. So strange. That's a LONG time to wait to show, and I have no idea what caused it.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 05, 05:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont think they changed the odds either its just weird how the game decides when an overload of twins should
It's definitely odd - and I have the same situation again right now. Two pregnancies - I peeked at one (it hasn't been born
Another oddity with this last one, though - the mother had only WooHooed with the father of her twins once, and it was when she was a teenager. It was the autonomous bed. She's ten days away from elder now, and has moved once in the interim from the regular neighborhood to downtown. I was completely surprised when she started having morning sickness (I have Quiet Pregnancy in for more surprise) and thought the father HAD to be the Sim she's living with, even though I've only made them WooHoo and not Try, and I don't think I even have a Risky Woohoo hack in there. It wasn't, though. So strange. That's a LONG time to wait to show, and I have no idea what caused it.
in my hood now I have 5 sims pregnant. the first to deliver will depend on whose house I go to that is pregnant LOL. I have  2 sets of twins that are still babies. I just left the mom with the first set of twins  her twins are now toddlers both girls and she is pregnant with  child #9 I checked the stats  its a single baby .the second set of twins is already toddlers a boy and a girl. the 3rd set is still babies a boy and a girl. the 4th set is also a boy and a girl they are still babies. I have  a total of 5 single babies on the way right now all pregnant moms are only having singles this time around. I have been  dealing with weddings of late so I hadnt had a chance to get back to the houses with babies  that need to grow up til now. I have had 4 weddings in a week the third wedding is by far the best and the largest wedding I have ever done. it even had a few strange twists though.the Grand Vampire showed up while the reception was going on and I used the DMA box to get rid of him. Idont play vampires and Ididnt wwant my wedding guests bitten.I thought vampires were confined to downtown lots .My sim wedding took place in the neighborhood. all my newlyweds are pregnant  now

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: