More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 01, 01:26:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...  (Read 29753 times)
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: Never date a waiter, and other things I've learned ...
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 28, 07:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard some people say that if you tip nannies they will do a better job..no idea if there is any truth to that.

I am eagarly awaiting a mod to stop the damned trash can kicking over.  It's ridiculous.  I had a house where I was having to call the exterminator every single day b/c a jilted love would come over 3-4x a day to kick it over.  The newspaper thing doesn't bother me as much...newspapers just usually collected on the front walk anyways.

http://www.simlogical.com/

NO KICKING TRASHCANS PATCH   
This takes away the option for annoyed and annoying Sims to kick over trash cans, and therefore no roaches and no flu!  You may still occasionally get roaches from other types of garbage, but this was the most frequent reason in most people's games.

This absolutely saved my sanity after NL was installed. I was soooooo sick of picking up the trash can.

Thanks Inge!

Perfect..will have to remember to download it next time I shut off my game!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 28, 13:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard some people say that if you tip nannies they will do a better job..no idea if there is any truth to that.

I am eagarly awaiting a mod to stop the damned trash can kicking over.  It's ridiculous.  I had a house where I was having to call the exterminator every single day b/c a jilted love would come over 3-4x a day to kick it over.  The newspaper thing doesn't bother me as much...newspapers just usually collected on the front walk anyways.

http://www.simlogical.com/

NO KICKING TRASHCANS PATCH   
This takes away the option for annoyed and annoying Sims to kick over trash cans, and therefore no roaches and no flu!  You may still occasionally get roaches from other types of garbage, but this was the most frequent reason in most people's games.

This absolutely saved my sanity after NL was installed. I was soooooo sick of picking up the trash can.

Thanks Inge!

Perfect..will have to remember to download it next time I shut off my game!
with Justin in my game I get alot of kicked over trashcans .however its alot easier now that I just dumped 7 more people into his house I simply send one of the family member over to pick it up and clean up the trash

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 28, 14:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the contanstly tipped over trashcans at one of my lots hilarious. I do not, however, enjoy the fact that my otherwise tough-guy sim cries like a little girl every time he sees roaches.

Is there a "no crying over roaches" hack by any chance? I mean, toughen up, dude. You can kick the crap out of anyone else in the game, so why are you so upset about a bunch of bugs?

They just spray, or call the exterminator. The problem is, they're vamps, so if the can is kicked over early in the morning there's a real chance that there will be roaches by the time they wake up.

I suppose I could wake one of them up to call the exterminator and then go back to their coffin, but seeing as they're a pair of romance sims this could end up being a daily occurrence.  Roll Eyes

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 28, 15:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer not to use the NoKickTrash hack, because I find the kicking of trashcans funny. Instead I use a hack to get rid of the roaches. I use Raid from insimenator.net, since that isn't global and I can turn it off if I happen to want some roaches on a lot.

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 28, 17:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the contanstly tipped over trashcans at one of my lots hilarious. I do not, however, enjoy the fact that my otherwise tough-guy sim cries like a little girl every time he sees roaches.

Is there a "no crying over roaches" hack by any chance? I mean, toughen up, dude. You can kick the crap out of anyone else in the game, so why are you so upset about a bunch of bugs?

That would be a really great thing. I cry over roaches, personally, but I don't want my military generals and hall of famers doing it, too.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 28, 17:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be a really great thing. I cry over roaches, personally, but I don't want my military generals and hall of famers doing it, too.
I certainly would hate to see Justin Bawling like a baby over roaches as well

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 28, 20:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This guy, as mentioned, is a vampire. A really scary vampire who's apparently very upset by bugs. Kind of blows his whole image as the scariest dude in town.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 28, 20:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crying over roaches in and of itself is a scary trait for a tough guy!
I have a couple of hot headed sims that I'm quite proud of. They don't take any shit. But put a few little bugs in the room and they turn into blubbering goofballs.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 28, 20:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This guy, as mentioned, is a vampire. A really scary vampire who's apparently very upset by bugs. Kind of blows his whole image as the scariest dude in town.
ahem doesnt he know  that  his image as the scariest dude is blown when he bawls like a baby over insects?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 28, 20:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I think that makes him even scarier.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 28, 21:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I think that makes him even scarier.
I lkenit the ultra nice sims I have in my nieghborhood that cry over everything. Justin Thank god is not one of those overly nice sims

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 28, 21:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Justin was born with maxed nice points and only 1 or 2 neat points. Because I didn't want a whiny, messy Justin, I had to turn a few nice points into neat points. Stealing from the nice to give to the sloppy...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 28, 21:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Justin was born with maxed nice points and only 1 or 2 neat points. Because I didn't want a whiny, messy Justin, I had to turn a few nice points into neat points. Stealing from the nice to give to the sloppy...
my Justin has four nice points and four neat points enough that he isnt overly grouchy which would be bad for skirt chasing nor is  he a neat freak  but he isnt sloppy either.I made sur he had  some out going and active points. I didnt want a shy Fat Justin either. he is a bit more serious than I would like but you cant have it all I guess.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 28, 21:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Justin also came with his outgoing points fully loaded. He was climbing into the hot tub naked, as a teen, much to the shock and awe of any passers-by. Joe has all 10 playful points and therefore likes to juggle. Justin's at about 6 or 7 in playful, and can be talked into joining Joe for a little juggling session. You know, like real life fathers and sons do.  Tongue
Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 28, 22:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, who is Justin? Everyone seems to have a Justin.

And my vamp isn't that nice. He's a bit on the grouchy side, which is why the tears confuse me ... of course, he does clean spontaneously, so maybe it's just the filth that bothers him?

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 28, 22:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Justin is my sim that others have requested. There are several Justins floating around now. We lika da Justin.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 28, 22:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha tell me about it. 

I am also a bit upset that some of my sims who like to roam around kicking ass will bawl like a baby when a sim takes the initiative to slap them back.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 29, 04:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Justin also came with his outgoing points fully loaded. He was climbing into the hot tub naked, as a teen, much to the shock and awe of any passers-by. Joe has all 10 playful points and therefore likes to juggle. Justin's at about 6 or 7 in playful, and can be talked into joining Joe for a little juggling session. You know, like real life fathers and sons do.  Tongue
Joe was in the kitchen Juggling bottles when I left the house a minute ago. Justin  had a indoor date going on  so the other flames wouldnt see him and start the trashcan kicking again. Jeremiah was on the phone with a date he had the night before that went from a negative score when they first met to a dream date that lasted all night.he was trying to become best friend with her so he can woohoo with her LOL his date was romance sim like he is.

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 29, 15:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha tell me about it. 

I am also a bit upset that some of my sims who like to roam around kicking ass will bawl like a baby when a sim takes the initiative to slap them back.

Tell me about it. Take it like a man, why don't you? Fortunately, most of my brawling sims kind of growl and hit the other sim back. Helps to be a bit of a grouch, possibly.

My less manly (or womanly) sims cry, but I'd expect it from them. They're tender hearted wussies.  Grin

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 29, 17:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a little bit of advice.  People probably have figured this out but for newbies.  Wait till the date bringing the flowers has completely left the lot before putting the flowers in their inventory or the date will get stuck on the lot.  Also when you are expecting flowers don't have the speed on triple cause they can lose their flowers or get stuck.  It is also annoying if the sim with the flowers has to alter their course due to people or cars they will walk off with the flowers in their hands.  Also, don't go to an outing with a teen after curfew because they may have a pack of teens with them and give you that --should plan better next time--message and ditch you. 
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 29, 20:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have actually had to use move_objects on to grab the flowers out of a sims hands who decided the newspaper was in her way. Or something. Did that with a poo bag, too. I'd been waiting for a poo bag, and I was gonna be damned if that little goober was going to change her mind about leaving it. So now poor Jory has a poo bag in his inventory. Never even been lit.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 29, 23:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have actually had to use move_objects on to grab the flowers out of a sims hands who decided the newspaper was in her way. Or something. Did that with a poo bag, too. I'd been waiting for a poo bag, and I was gonna be damned if that little goober was going to change her mind about leaving it. So now poor Jory has a poo bag in his inventory. Never even been lit.
LOL Justin has a stink letter in his inventory from Tiffany Sampson a disaster the gypsy set him up with.he also has  5 love letters 7 I had a great time floweres and 6 dream date bouquets. I have to go back and see if Jeremiah got a dream date bouquet. he should have his first dating foray  was a dream date with Shelby Shaw. I had him scope the room at the botanical restuaruant downtown and he informed me shelby was hot so I had him ask her on a date. he now has a crush on her but fears Marriage to her not much danger there though Shelby is a romance sim herself. I have him working her up to best friend status so they can woohoo  when the relationship is high enough..jeremiah is the new name for Josh

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 29, 23:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um...ewww... is there a hack in there?  teens?

That was my same reaction.  I ended the date as soon as she fell from the sky.  I probably do have a hack.

ISFJ
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 30, 01:16:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um...ewww... is there a hack in there?  teens?

That was my same reaction.  I ended the date as soon as she fell from the sky.  I probably do have a hack.
yes teens can date! however I have never had the gypsy send my young adult or adult sims teens as dates

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 30, 01:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've given up on the blind date thing. I had two successful relationships from that method (Colleen Goth-Bayfield was sent Sean Love of the adopted Tricou kids and are now married, and I have another teen female who was sent his brother, Knut Baity, and are now going steady), but every other blind date has been awful, no matter how much money I paid. I have a houseful, about 18 residents, and it was impossible for them to have a blind date who had not already dated someone else in the household. Slappity slappity slap. I also had one of my gay male sims get sent Pao, the mailman, who is not gay in my game. That went over reallllly well...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: