More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 23, 19:23:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can someone send me a system file from Seasons I accidentally deleted?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can someone send me a system file from Seasons I accidentally deleted?  (Read 3908 times)
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
Can someone send me a system file from Seasons I accidentally deleted?
« on: 2008 March 03, 16:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had been wondering for a while why the invisible seasons neighbourhood, "Weather" was appearing in my neighbourhood chooser, and decided to have a look in my TSData folder today to find out why.

It seems when I was cleaning out my neighbourhood templates, I removed the G002 folder altogether. No problem, I thought, I'll just put the backup back in. Except I can't find it. It looks like either I deleted it in a fit of OCD-like clearing out, or my boyfriend managed to burninate it when he nearly broke my computer this morning.

I have a clean version of G002_Neighborhood.package, which I have put in, and I've put empty Thumbnails, Characters and Storytelling folders in, but in my other neighbourhood folders there are .reia files as well. I don't know what they do, but could someone try sending me a copy of their G002_neighbourhood.reia, and I'll stick it in to see if it works? My email is on my profile, or just host it somewhere, whichever is easier.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Can someone send me a system file from Seasons I accidentally deleted?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 03, 16:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not retrievable from the CD? Or maybe reinstall it? The installation doesn't take too long.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 03, 16:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just let the game generate a new one? Rename your "EA Games" folder to "EA Games_whatever" (so you don't have to move it), and fire up your game. Voilą - new "EA Games" folder incl. all neighborhoods.

ETA: I'm talking about "My Documents\EA Games", not "Programs\EA Games" of course.

ETA 2: I always do that when I want a clean Pleasantview and have never had any problems. Hope it works for you, too.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 03, 16:28:38 by sloppyhousewife » Logged

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 03, 16:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point. I would reinstall but I was under the impression that to reinstall one EP it was best to uninstall all EPs and the base game, and I just have no idea where most of my discs are since I never use them, and I wanted to play it today. I'd also rather not lose my current sims since it only affects new neighbourhoods I create at the moment. So if I just go to install Seasons, will that break it more?

Just checked on the disc and can't find the file anywhere, there is a TSData folder but the only thing in there is a "Control" folder with 5 DAT files in. I've tried setting view hidden files to on.

ETA: @ sloppyhousewife: Thanks, never thought of that one! Will give it a try.

ETA again, found it in the recycle bin. I am being a bit blonde today! Although before this I did try renaming the EA Games folder and that didn't work, in case someone is having the same problem in the future.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 03, 16:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although before this I did try renaming the EA Games folder and that didn't work, in case someone is having the same problem in the future.

What didn't work? The "renaming generates new EA Games folder" or the replacing the G002 folder? Just being curious.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 03, 16:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting anything in your Documents won't work as that file should be in this location- C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res

Glad you found it though.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 03, 16:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*smacks forehead* G002 != N002. Sorry about that. *hangs head in shame*

simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 04, 09:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although before this I did try renaming the EA Games folder and that didn't work, in case someone is having the same problem in the future.

What didn't work? The "renaming generates new EA Games folder" or the replacing the G002 folder? Just being curious.

Renaming the EA games folder in My Documents didn't generate the G002 folder, because that is in the program files one. Renaming the EA Games folder in Program files confuses the shortcut.

I replaced the G002 folder with my backup, put the empty G002 package in and it didn't solve the problem anyway. There also doesn't appear to be a .reia file at all for G002. I assume this is because it is an invisible hood. I think I got too confused with it anyway so I just gave up and just have to live with the ramaswamis. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the neighborhoods anyway, apart from normal bugs I just haven't got used to yet because I only had Uni, up until about 3 months ago when I got them all except Pets and BV.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 04, 11:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The .reia file is in G001. Do you have the empty template for G002? It should work, unless you left something in you shouldn't have Cheesy Remember it only works on new hoods, not ones already created.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 04, 11:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also - just FYI - in the cd, the files would be in TSData folder inside the compressed.zip.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: