More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 20:50:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Where do you get your custom content?
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where do you get your custom content?  (Read 38704 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Where do you get your custom content?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 28, 21:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was wondering about this. I've been looking for good sites, and have found some good stuff, but the sheer volume of content is just kind of overwhelming. Seeing as several of my favorite sites (Decorgal Designs, Gigge's Simply Skintastic) I've been directed to from people here, I figured that asking where people here got their clothes, objects, and build mode things for their sims would be a good place to start.

http://www.pronupsims.net/

http://www.sims2day.com/

http://www.twilightfantasy.com/sims/furnishing/livingroom.html

http://simsquirts.com/
http://www.3dconsortium.com/thesims/sims2vault/news.htm               has a few nice free downloads up this week. otherwise its a subscription site

http://www.princess-sims.de.vu/
http://www.elitesims2.com/ts2/

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Herself4Sims2/
http://www.thesimsresource.com/items/ts2sets.php?ID=8887

and of cours Mod the sims 2
 checkout  yahoo groups as well there alot of yahoo groups with really nice downloads for the Sims2

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 28, 22:26:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't have a membership at TSR not only because I have issues with them (the boards and the 'management' not the creators) but also I think I would go nuts and spend way too much time and download too much junk if I did.

I so agree. Whenever I'm tempted to pay for a TSR membership, I remind myself of the exponential rate at which my downloads folder will grow as a result of such a membership, and then the temptation is effectively squelched.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 28, 23:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't have a membership at TSR not only because I have issues with them (the boards and the 'management' not the creators) but also I think I would go nuts and spend way too much time and download too much junk if I did.

I so agree. Whenever I'm tempted to pay for a TSR membership, I remind myself of the exponential rate at which my downloads folder will grow as a result of such a membership, and then the temptation is effectively squelched.
I use the free downloads at TSR not the subscriptions downloads

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 28, 23:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do too, but sometimes they have a free mesh without a texture or vice versa. They have gotten a lot better about that lately but it still happens. Personally, I think every mesh should come with at least one texture inside its package file but apparently the people who wrote the tutorials didn't tell everyone to do it that way. It's useless without it. You can't even do a recolor yourself with just the mesh because you have no idea how the UV map is laid out and it won't show up in the bodyshop.

There's also an annoying bug that was in older versions of SimPE where if you had a mesh and a recolor but did not have the original texture the creator made for the mesh, the outfit would not show up right. I still run across a few clothing outfits like this.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 28, 23:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one adult male outfit that shows up in body shop as a big, creepy toddler head. Is that why? A mesh mish-mash?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 29, 00:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LMAO! Maybe, but I'd love to see that.

Usually for me if they don't work right it just ends up using one of the Maxis default, usually that frumpy assed red shirt untucked and the white capri pants and flats if we're talking adult female.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 29, 00:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yes, I have several of those frumpy red capri-clad asses in bodyshop, now that you've mentioned that.
So you don't have the creepy toddler head? I'll have to take a screenshot of that one...
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 29, 00:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, Motoki, this one's for you:

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 29, 01:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! Will the sim actually get the toddler head if you try to wear it? If so I want one!

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 29, 01:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm been too scared to try it! It's creepy.
I'll go experiment. I have the game running in the background.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 29, 02:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no toddler head. but now I know which outfit it is:

Why in the world would it show up as a toddler head???

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 29, 04:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm been too scared to try it! It's creepy.
I'll go experiment. I have the game running in the background.
thanks for the Laugh Brynne. ;DI hate to say it though the toddler head looks better than the out fit though

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 29, 05:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was bizarre, Brynne. I think we have done a lot of shopping in the same stores for custom content because I have all those outfits. I didn't get the toddler head, though: no fair.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 29, 07:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why I have the toddler head, either...always kind of spooky to be just going through your outfits like that and see what, under normal circumstances, would be cute. A big toddler head.
And, bangelnuts, I immediately redressed Joey Jr in his original outfit. He didn't like it, either...
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 29, 07:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That toddler head thing is most likely the result of a screwed up Thumbnails file. Are any of your other thumbnails messed up? I get it all the time with pre-made sim heads. I download a ton of sims and then delete them as soon as I create a live sim from it. However, because I delete from outside the game rather than inside, I often get totally screwed up thumbnails as a result. Bearded guys in the toddler girls section, and such. You can delete the thumbnails file(s) is this is bugging you, and they'll regenerate... but this will make the catalog hella slow the next time you load the game, so I personally wouldn't bother unless you have a LOT of screwed up thumbnails, not just that one.

Just to drag this thread back on topic, here's a site with nice walls and floors. If you like pastel colors. LOL. I use them a lot in nurseries. http://gwenaleks.free.fr/

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 October 29, 07:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, SaraMK. Since I only have the one weird thumbnail I think I'll just let it be for now.
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 October 29, 07:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone remember McTrick from Sleepy Hollow Sims1..well she has a new site http://www.mctricksplace.com with the same ghoolish ideas...bad bedspreads, scarey pics, vampire bedding, etc.

Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 29, 08:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't that site also have the dungeon set?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 29, 11:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea why I have the toddler head, either...always kind of spooky to be just going through your outfits like that and see what, under normal circumstances, would be cute. A big toddler head.
And, bangelnuts, I immediately redressed Joey Jr in his original outfit. He didn't like it, either...
LOL sorry Brynne that I didnt like the outfit.  but I guess !m not alone in that when  a pixelated person agrees with me  Grin

twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 29, 11:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes girlfriend, it had dungeons, butcher shops, killers and they victums and outfits, and everything macabe......I just loved the site. She has just started the new one but the theme seems to run the same.

Twink

twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 29, 11:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes girlfriend, it had dungeons, butcher shops, killers and they victums and outfits, and everything macabe......I just loved the site. She has just started the new one but the theme seems to run the same.

Twink

twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 29, 12:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twink

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 October 29, 12:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you must have liked it. You posted 3 times!  Wink
I had all that stuff, too. Really cool stuff.

Bangelnuts, don't worry, I wasn't offended. I don't even know where that outfit came from. It must have been in a collection or something.
Joey Jr. sniffed "I don't do mustard yellow sportcoats."
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 October 29, 16:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you must have liked it. You posted 3 times!  Wink
I had all that stuff, too. Really cool stuff.

Bangelnuts, don't worry, I wasn't offended. I don't even know where that outfit came from. It must have been in a collection or something.
Joey Jr. sniffed "I don't do mustard yellow sportcoats."
ROFL Grin

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 October 31, 20:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only place for mustard yellow anything is in a coffin.

Meh...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: