More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 15:04:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Perma-delete?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Perma-delete?  (Read 4431 times)
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Perma-delete?
« on: 2005 October 19, 12:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to burninate some townies from existence but they keep reappearing--not in game, just wasting space in the background (I foolishly used the "kill" option on the boolprop townie/NPC maker). SimPE shows them as deleted immediately after I remove them, yet they return the next time I load the tool. Any ideas? This has become such a pain in the arse that I think I'll just keep Goopy Gilscarbo and Co in the future and forget this tailor-made townie nonsense. Tongue

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Perma-delete?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 19, 12:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We now have this option as to whether to enable or disable custom content.  How much most of us would have preferred the option to enable, disable townies!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 19, 12:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do it with the Enhanser, and they are permanently deleted from the game. I see my new CAS sims get their numbers. For instance, I deleted Skip Broke, and the new baby got his number 0013.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 19, 12:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having this problem also, of deleted sims returning.  The new version of SimPE, which is in QA testing right now, took care of the problem for me.  You can either sign up for the QA, or wait for it's official release.  Either way, it will do what you need.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 19, 13:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I admit to not reading through the whole thread in QA but I do have the latest QA version of SimPE. Where exactly is this tool to safely delete characters? And I thought I remember Ancient Sim posting something over there that it messed up her neighborhood somehow using it?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 19, 15:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To permanently delete a character, select the character, go to the top where it says "Window" and then select "Resource Actions."  A long window will pop up on the right hand side - on the lower half of that window, under "Plug Ins" is an option to delete.  Make sure you pick that one, not the first "delete" option.  It will ask you if you're sure, blah blah blah.

I've only used it once, on one character, so I can't tell you if it screws up anything or not.  I suspect you have to be careful on who you delete, to make sure no other characters have any special memory of the sim you're about to doom.  Like no "First woohoo" or whatever.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 19, 17:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmmm, it sounds complicated! When I delete a sim with the Enhanser - all the memories about this sim, in other sims, dissapear.

For instance, my YA sim was jammed with wishes that Meadow, Randy, and Nicole - which were his best friends - will come to the college. I got mad, exited and deleted all three of them. They were friends of my sim's brother too. None of my sims showed again a memory about the 3 deleted sims.
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 19, 18:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having this problem also, of deleted sims returning.  The new version of SimPE, which is in QA testing right now, took care of the problem for me.  You can either sign up for the QA, or wait for it's official release.  Either way, it will do what you need.

Thanks, I'll look into that.

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 19, 18:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently when you use SimPE to delete characters, it sort of makes them dead but leaves their character file.  The reason I say sort of makes them dead is because they're not marked as dead, they're just gone.  If you click on the teleporter shrub and choose 'summon' you can still find their names and summon them.  However, they'll just kind of drop onto the lot and lay there--sort of deadlike. LOL  The character file is kept because of all the memories involved.

This should remove them from play but it doesn't work 100%.  You'll see their names pop up on the computer's chat and a few other bizarre things like that.  They will be removed from your sim's relationship panel and they're no longer available for phoen calls.

I'm looking forward to the official release of the updated SimPE that will allow proper deletion.  Unfortunately I've not been able to afford Enhancer, which is no doubt a wonderful program.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 22, 07:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking forward to the official release of the updated SimPE that will allow proper deletion.  Unfortunately I've not been able to afford Enhancer, which is no doubt a wonderful program.
For the moment it won't be included in the official release (which is already out).  When I used this tool, it did something to the DNA of all the undeleted Sims - basically, it was reset to CAS default and they carried no recessive genes at all.  For that reason, Quaxi hasn't added it to the official version (so yes, you can blame me).  It definitely was caused by that function in SimPE, I checked and quadruple-checked before I came to that conclusion.  Even just deleting one character totally unknown to everyone in the neighbourhood did it.  Whether it was the same for anyone else I don't know, but it certainly had that affect on my game.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: