More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 19:46:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Family funds cheat suddenly doesn't work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Family funds cheat suddenly doesn't work  (Read 5855 times)
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Family funds cheat suddenly doesn't work
« on: 2008 January 13, 17:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have BV installed and have recently used the Family Funds cheat successfully, but all of a sudden since yesterday it doesn't work. I tried it in the neighborhood view, and have tried to use it on different families. Each family name is unique, so it's not a question of there being more than one household with that name. Does anyone know what I can do to get the cheat to work again? i'm using motherlode now, but it would be a lot easier to just use family funds.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: Family funds cheat suddenly doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 13, 17:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you typing "+"?
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 13, 17:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you typing "+"?

I've never had to type + before, although I did try that when the usual method didn't work. I thought the plus sign added money, the minus took it away, and just the amount without a symbol in front changed the amount the household has to whatever amount you enter. In other words, I don't think you have to have a plus sign to get the money.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 13, 23:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheats aren't something we can modify around here, so please think hard about what happened to your sims and their families and let us know if you come up with some idea.

snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 14, 11:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheats aren't something we can modify around here, so please think hard about what happened to your sims and their families and let us know if you come up with some idea.

Okay, I will publicly humiiiate myself by admitting that while I thought there were no other households with the names I used, there actually were. They were living in Bluewater and I never play them, so had completely forgotten about them. Yes, I know I am an idiot. I only found out about them when I installed Sim PE, since I thought that was now my only way to increase the funds. I saw their names in the list of Sim Families. The other two households in Bluewater got the money that I tried to give the ones in Pleasantview.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 14, 12:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What bugging me about this familyfunds cheat is that you can't use it to a family with 2 words name. I believe one of the household in university have 2 words name and it wouldn't work on them Undecided
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 14, 12:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can, but you just need to put speech marks around the name: familyfunds "Landgraab IV" 20000 for example.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 14, 12:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure? I'm sure I've tried that, also the single quotation marks too, and neither worked...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 14, 22:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I will publicly humiiiate myself by admitting that while I thought there were no other households with the names I used, there actually were. They were living in Bluewater and I never play them, so had completely forgotten about them. Yes, I know I am an idiot. I only found out about them when I installed Sim PE, since I thought that was now my only way to increase the funds. I saw their names in the list of Sim Families. The other two households in Bluewater got the money that I tried to give the ones in Pleasantview.
No worries. I was having trouble in one of my neighborhood because the founding family just happened to have the same last name as the townie "family".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 14, 23:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries. I was having trouble in one of my neighborhood because the founding family just happened to have the same last name as the townie "family".

Thanks! I don't like to make a fool of myself anywhere, but especially not here!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: