More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 30, 08:16:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim's no longer in Perma-Plat!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim's no longer in Perma-Plat!!  (Read 11896 times)
hyperCat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sim's no longer in Perma-Plat!!
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 20, 19:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims lose perma-plat before. Angela Pleasant just moved into a sorority when I noticed she had gone out of platinum (fulfilled her "have 20 best friends" want whilst living in the dorms). A few minutes later, I heard the bup-bup-bup noise and she was back in perma-plat. I think Dirk Dreamer had the same thing happen when he moved into a frat house. Since the problem resolved itself, I didn't bother filing a bug report.

I am kitty meow face, meow meow, look at me!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 20, 19:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NL, I know that when I would move a family, they would lose their platinum status until one of their wants was filled.  I was told this was normal.  After that, they stayed platinum as normal.  I haven't tred this since NL though.
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 21, 01:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. Makes me wonder what some folks have installed in their download folders.

I've had multiple sims fulfill multiple LTW's since NightLife and they're all fine. I also have some pre-Nightlife sims who had their LTW's fulfilled prior to NL installation an they're fine as well.

They are supposed to re-roll new LTW and select something new based on their aspiration. If you'll refer to the memory, it'll read something like "I wonder what I'll do now?"

Seems like something has gone afoul in Denmark. Remove hacks, re-fufill LTW without them (it's not difficult for most after you've done it once) and see what happens.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 21, 05:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. Makes me wonder what some folks have installed in their download folders.

I've had multiple sims fulfill multiple LTW's since NightLife and they're all fine. I also have some pre-Nightlife sims who had their LTW's fulfilled prior to NL installation an they're fine as well.

They are supposed to re-roll new LTW and select something new based on their aspiration. If you'll refer to the memory, it'll read something like "I wonder what I'll do now?"

Seems like something has gone afoul in Denmark. Remove hacks, re-fufill LTW without them (it's not difficult for most after you've done it once) and see what happens.

I'll be the first to admit I use hacks (I prefer to call them mods because hacks just sounds too bloody).  I've moved sims from house to house previously without this problem occurring and didn't put new hacks in my game in the meantime.

Since there's no lifetime want to fulfill it's going to be a bit tricky, isn't it? LOL

I don't have University, so this whole new LTW thing is new to me.  I'm basing my assessment of what should happen on the way it worked between the time I installed NL and installed the patch. 

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 21, 22:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem with the Golden Anniversary want being fulfilled I'll just double-check on this thing, too, and see what I find.

I'm going to run errands this evening, though, so will do it after I come home.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: