More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 05, 15:04:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you break an object so that sims can walk through it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you break an object so that sims can walk through it?  (Read 3454 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
How do you break an object so that sims can walk through it?
« on: 2007 December 26, 01:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to "break" an object so that sims no longer think it exists. I need them to be able to walk through it. It's already a decorative object with no functions, but sims cannot currently walk through it.

Any ideas?

Fail.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: How do you break an object so that sims can walk through it?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 26, 01:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice that when I place things with snapobjectstogrid off, that they aren't recognized as often. Also, if it takes up two or more tiles you can turn it to an angle, and they will walk through it. The piano, pool table, and couches are great examples of this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 26, 01:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to "break" an object so that sims no longer think it exists. I need them to be able to walk through it. It's already a decorative object with no functions, but sims cannot currently walk through it.
I believe Echo on MTS2 would know something about this, something about object footprints.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 26, 02:56:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so that's what that's called. Found a tutorial and will try it out. Seems like a pretty simple change in a bhav.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 26, 03:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SaraMK, care to share? I was working in cloning and recoloring a neighborhood deco object and hacking it so it would go over a road. Couldn't find the line that needed to be changed. Ya'd think the BHAV would be similarly named.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 26, 03:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I found and I'm testing whether it works: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=97054

Actually, nhood deco is hacked a different way. It actually does have labeled lines where you put yes or no for things like being placeable in roads and in lots. I had it all figured out when I did my hacked nhood rocks, but can't remember much now. I could take a look for you. Or you can download my nhood rocks from MTS2 and see what number is in the "allowed in lots" line. That would be the "yes" number, and you'd use it in the "allowed in roads" line.

Here, I looked up my rocks hack. This is what you will need to look for:

You can see what I put in the "allowed in lots" line.

EDITED TO ADD: You must change removeonlotplop to 0x00000000 or the game will ignore whatever is in allowedinlot and allowedonroad.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 26, 22:52:21 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 26, 03:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll look at your rocks. That was my next step: looking at similar cc. I'm trying to mod some of the walls from BV into a sort of sci-fi barrier.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 26, 04:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll look at your rocks. That was my next step: looking at similar cc. I'm trying to mod some of the walls from BV into a sort of sci-fi barrier.

Is it going to stay nhood deco, or are you trying to make a statue out of it or something?

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: