More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 07, 20:08:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hair re-categorizing the fun way!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hair re-categorizing the fun way!  (Read 6309 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Hair re-categorizing the fun way!
« on: 2006 January 11, 17:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, l lied, it's not really fun after you do your XXX hair, but it was exciting when I actually go it to work.  Thanks to Yetyak who got me started and Dewshine whose post provided me with more info, I was able to put all the hair in their correct bins, fix it so that the style transition smoothly from color to color, eliminate extraneous textures and eliminate duplicate grey color for the same style.  I even fixed genetics so that the hair behaves like Maxis hair.  I was so intent on the task last night that my boyfriend wondered if I was still alive "in there".  I told him so long as he hears clicking sounds, I'm alive Cheesy

So now that I finally know how to do this, the world is my oyster and I need decent hair.  I'm picky; I don't want stiff plastic hair with no animation. Given that most meshed hair fit that criteria, what I am especially interested in are very good recolors of existing Maxis hair.  Maxis has decent styles but their textures frankly suck sometimes.

Does anyone have outstanding Maxis recolors they would like to share with me ?
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Hair re-categorizing the fun way!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 11, 17:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know of this site that has these paler ash blonde recolours of both male and female styles, but I can't find the link right now.  If no one else has, I'll take a look for them when I get home and figure out who made them.  They're really nice looking in game.

Also, I know there's some recolours of Maxis hair on TSR, like the Nightlife vampire hair without jewels.
kattybiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 11, 18:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ash blonde recolors are at Lyran's site - http://www.lyran.net/ts2/  The hair is under the 'Genetics' section.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 11, 18:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh thank you.  I normally hate blond hair on men, and male Sims  Wink, but I really love the colour of that hair.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 11, 20:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, l lied, it's not really fun after you do your XXX hair, but it was exciting when I actually go it to work.  Thanks to Yetyak who got me started and Dewshine whose post provided me with more info, I was able to put all the hair in their correct bins, fix it so that the style transition smoothly from color to color, eliminate extraneous textures and eliminate duplicate grey color for the same style.  I even fixed genetics so that the hair behaves like Maxis hair.  I was so intent on the task last night that my boyfriend wondered if I was still alive "in there".

Which posts are these, and how exactly did you do it? I think you might want to look at some of the older hairstyles at pronupsims. I also use some of the hair from genensims, because it adds more interesting haircolors to the game, and they have recolored some of the uglier maxis hairstyles so that they look better by making ugly bangs, etc, invisible. Their textures don't have much depth, but I still like them, especially the black, apricot, and light brown

kattybiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 11, 20:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're welcome Blue - I just downloaded all of her blonde hair over the weekend so I could finally have some blonde sims that didn't look bad!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 11, 21:18:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, l lied, it's not really fun after you do your XXX hair, but it was exciting when I actually go it to work.  Thanks to Yetyak who got me started and Dewshine whose post provided me with more info, I was able to put all the hair in their correct bins, fix it so that the style transition smoothly from color to color, eliminate extraneous textures and eliminate duplicate grey color for the same style.  I even fixed genetics so that the hair behaves like Maxis hair.  I was so intent on the task last night that my boyfriend wondered if I was still alive "in there".

Which posts are these, and how exactly did you do it? I think you might want to look at some of the older hairstyles at pronupsims. I also use some of the hair from genensims, because it adds more interesting haircolors to the game, and they have recolored some of the uglier maxis hairstyles so that they look better by making ugly bangs, etc, invisible. Their textures don't have much depth, but I still like them, especially the black, apricot, and light brown

The post was here : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2119.0  about halfway down.  Dewshine even included some screen shot.  Some of the things I done, I had to guess at, but I guessed correctly. 

Thanks for the link Blue, I'll check it out later.  As always you need to see things in the game to really judge.  I downloaded some of NeptuneSuzie's hair over at TSR (http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Neptunesuzy).  Some of her textures are really nice and some are not.  It's a mixed bag.  The quest continues ...
« Last Edit: 2006 January 11, 21:23:24 by angelyne » Logged
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 11, 21:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I normally enjoy "sim-maintenance" but that task is just a tad too daunting...

I hope there is a SimPe wizard to do it soon!

INTJ
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 11, 21:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I normally enjoy "sim-maintenance" but that task is just a tad too daunting...

I hope there is a SimPe wizard to do it soon!

That's one of those things that looks very complicated until you actually do it.  Then it's quite simple and straighforward.  It's just tedious if you have lots and lots of hair.

yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 12, 05:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It certainly isn't something you can zip right through, but perserverance will pay off in the long run.  I would do ten or so, then do something else, then a few more.  Now I'm done, and just do any that I download as I install them.  Granted it did take a month to do all 1030 that I kept out of my 1700+ hair files....

I, personally, would rather have done it this way than to have something more automated.  This way if anything got messed up, I knew for a fact that I did it!   Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 15, 22:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's one of those things that looks very complicated until you actually do it.  Then it's quite simple and straighforward.  It's just tedious if you have lots and lots of hair.
Straightforward and tedious is exactly the kind of thing you make the computer do.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 16, 00:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uhhh....necromancy is bad, m'kay, JM?  Tongue
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 16, 01:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless, of course, it is his forum and he can do any resurrecting he pleases. *eyeroll*

You musta been bored, JM.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 16, 05:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. This was on the front page earlier. Somebody must have deleted their post.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 16, 05:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lmao! They framed you.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: