More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 29, 18:30:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you change NPC's clothing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you change NPC's clothing  (Read 11148 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
How do you change NPC's clothing
« on: 2006 January 07, 19:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched for this on MTS2 but that's a waste of time because 1) I never find what and 2) I spend 3 hours investigating and downloading stuff from the threads that come up in my search.  For me going to MTS2 is like an alchoholic going to a liquor store to buy some eggs.  They come home with bags and bags of booze and no eggs  Grin

Anyway ever since NL, it seems we can't change NPC's wardrobes.  I am in the habit of regressing my elder NPC sims to adult, but it bugs me when they go to work in a totally inappropriate outfit.  The service lady is wearing a long oriental silk dress.  Hmmm.

I saw a tutorial on how to makeover your NPC's with Sims PE, but I just want to change their clothes, not everything else.  You can't just simply use Mercola's mirror and have then change.  Their clothes inventory comes empty.  Even if you buy clothing via a hack or another, their clothes inventory will be empty.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: How do you change NPC's clothing
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 07, 20:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is how I do it though others have their own ways.

You will need No NPC revert:

http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=89766

I use COA panel from http://www.valdea.com/ (found in woo hoo starter pack)

Use it to buy clothes and change outfit.  You do not need to select NPC to do this.  As of now the COA doesn't see batrenter on comm lots but you can invite or teleport NPC to your sims' house and fix them there.  COA also does makeovers and plastic surgery.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 07, 21:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try that.  Thanks for the help. 

I found a spot to download the unlocked career outfits, so that should work pretty good.

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 08, 01:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Where did you find the unlocked career outfits (being lazy tonight. Though I'm sure a search of MTS2 would find it.. I'm one of those alcoholics going for eggs types, too)

2) Does the COA panel allow to change hair style as well? I recently deleted some default Maxis hairs that were made custom for use on kids and toddlers and now my maid is bald.  Shocked
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 08, 01:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

first get the causul NPC mod and then go here and  download Christianlovs'  clothes changer.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108057

You can change the clothes,  the facial sturcture and all kinds of things with it.  You can summon townies, NPC's, college students, sims and all.   It is fabulous.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 08, 05:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found this link at MTS2 http://www5.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47987&highlight=nanny

and this one http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/forumdisplay.php?f=64&page=2&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=20&daysprune=-1

I'll check out Christianlov's hack, Thanks Lynn
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 08, 15:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for sharing the links.

Not to hijack ( Undecided ) but would simply changing the hair using mind control cause a problem with the reverting? Never been big for fiddling with npc's... never really had a reason to until Mr. Clean showed up.
Although I have to say I'm starting to prefer the bald look on this particular man-maid.

How I love AllenABQ's facial templates. I'm quite sure without them this guys nose would have been the size of South America.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 08, 16:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing appearance via mind control has always worked flawlessy for me.  Just changing the clothing seems to always revert somehow, even with the casual npc mod.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 09, 05:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Where did you find the unlocked career outfits?

There are some at Various Simmers under Morage's Unlocked Outfits

2) Does the COA panel allow to change hair style as well?

Yes you can but only for child and up.  I use the inSIMinator to change toddler styles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 09, 09:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me going to MTS2 is like an alchoholic going to a liquor store to buy some eggs.  They come home with bags and bags of booze and no eggs  Grin

LMAO! Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: