More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 21:36:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  lots make a copy of themselves after I place one in the neighborhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: lots make a copy of themselves after I place one in the neighborhood  (Read 5617 times)
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
lots make a copy of themselves after I place one in the neighborhood
« on: 2005 October 19, 17:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this supposed to happen?  When I place a house from the bin into a neighborhood it generates a copy of itself that remains in the houses bin.  I don't remember this ever happening before.  Does this happen to anyone else?

Odi profanum vulgaris
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
Re: lots make a copy of themselves after I place one in the neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 19, 17:21:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a feature of nightlife ^_^

Gosh.
Marvelleaux
Puppy Fucker
Blathering Buffoon

"free-thinking cat shits outside the box"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 19, 17:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An intended feature or an "undocumented" feature?  I'm nervous about it because I've been having trouble with some lots that won't load...

Odi profanum vulgaris
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 19, 17:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  This is a new Nightlife feature.  In ways it's a pain, but in ways it's good!  I had a house go weirdly corrupted so had to re-build it.  Once I had it rebuilt I put it in the lot bin, then moved a copy back into the neighborhood.  Now if something strange happens again I have a back-up!

The pain in the rear, though, is there eventually comes a time when I get so sick of playing a particular house I can't stand to see it anymore and I doze it.  Generally speaking, there's now a back-up in the Lots Bin.  Of course this could be good or bad--depending on if I ever decide I really didn't want to doze the house after all. LOL  But the true downside is you have to keep a closer eye on your Lot Bin and clean it occasionally.

lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 19, 17:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An intended feature or an "undocumented" feature?  I'm nervous about it because I've been having trouble with some lots that won't load...

That I don't know, but I have seen various people posting to fix lots that are buggy by placing them in the lot bin to get "clean replicates", and sometimes this fixes the issues that was on lot. (and sometimes of course, it does not  Cheesy)

Haven't seen anyone posting about problems with it, but I really only read the posts on this forum.

Gosh.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 19, 17:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it's even in the Prima Guide as a new feature of Nightlife.  I like it myself because it was always a pain to customize a house the way you want or build one from scratch and have to lose all that because it got buggy and you had to bulldoze it.  Now I put it in the Lots bin to make a copy and then place it back in my neighborhood and move my sims in.  Also, I have houses that I like using, so I can use the same house over and over without having to package the house, quit the game, and install the package every time I want to use that house.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 19, 18:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally love this new feature.  I modified almost all of the pre-made Maxis house I liked and place them in the bin then place them back so I always have a modify copy ready to use.  I now do the same with the house I build and love.  Instead of packaging lots, I do a back-up of the lotcatalog now.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 19, 18:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if there are houses in the bin you dont want anymore, put them in the trash, gone for good.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 19, 22:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the new feature. It's quite handy. I am terribly poor at building houses so now I just downloaded a bunch of starter houzses and if I need a new starter home and don't feel like building I just plunk one down. And I can use them over and over again. No need to redownload.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 20, 01:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You never would have needed to redownload if you'd backed up the original file! Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 20, 01:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You never would have needed to redownload if you'd backed up the original file! Wink
Yeah, I always keep an original backed up somewhere because you never know if it's still going to be there, (a la Livin' It Up.)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 20, 02:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad but true!  However, I think quite a lot of LIU's stuff is still around, there's info at simlogical.  What I find sadder in many ways is when sites like supersims and STPCarly closed, they went to TSR which means a lot of the stuff is only available if you have a sub, not just the old donation sets from TS1, but all the free stuff too.  I know they rotate stuff, but it means that people who want things but can't afford to sub have to keep going to see what's available.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 02:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad but true!  However, I think quite a lot of LIU's stuff is still around, there's info at simlogical.  What I find sadder in many ways is when sites like supersims and STPCarly closed, they went to TSR which means a lot of the stuff is only available if you have a sub, not just the old donation sets from TS1, but all the free stuff too.  I know they rotate stuff, but it means that people who want things but can't afford to sub have to keep going to see what's available.
Yes, thankfully Inge has a lot of their stuff, and I got a lot of stuff off of there once I found out they were closing about a month before.  I got all the houses and a lot of furniture and other stuff.  I am using some of the houses now, but I haven't been through all of the furniture and stuff yet.  It's safely tucked away on my other hard drive.  I should probably burn it onto a CD or something.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 20, 02:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep telling myself the same thing!  Also, I should do it with things I've donated for.  (The only exception to that is simFreaks, as the site has a record of what you've paid for, so you can always download again if you lose it.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: