More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 July 07, 09:48:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Toddler still snoring when woken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toddler still snoring when woken  (Read 2330 times)
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
Toddler still snoring when woken
« on: 2007 November 24, 13:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game isn't exactly broken - just a little glitch which is probably quite common but I can't find any mention of.

When I tell a sim to "Hold xxxx", where xxxx is a toddler in a crib who hasn't woken up yet, the toddler then goes about it's business as usual, but with the z z z z z coming off them as if they are asleep. It's quite funny when they crawl along and leave a trail behind them...

Any idea what could be causing it? I have base game only, (just formatted my computer and going slowly so I can catch any errors before they bork my game completely) no patch yet, 1g of ram, 2300 processor, nvidia geforce 4 440, running at 800x600. No CC whatsoever, and it's happening on more than one house.

Something else I'll just mention - sometimes when I shift-click to fill a room with floor or walls it won't actually place the wall covering or floor tile until i double click. It happens more with wall coverings.

Edit: I have sim/object detail high, texture detail high, graphic effects high, shadows off, lighting low, reflections off and the censor blur removal cheat because my sensor blur was messed up too and just had a big square.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Re: Toddler still snoring when woken
« Reply #1 on: 2007 November 24, 19:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a pretty normal occasional graphical glitch. Sometimes weird things like that just happen. I wouldn't worry about it. Stuck graphic effects can sometimes be fixed by bathing a sim, or you can reset the sim by shift clicking force error and then "reset" in debug mode. Or you can just wait for an age transition. I had a child sim who blew bubbles on her first day in childhood and the bubbles followed her everywhere until she aged up to teen.

I would be really worried about playing an unpatched basegame. There are some pretty serious problems with the basegame that absolutely require the patch. IIRC an unpatched base game can result in accidentally deleted critical game data, UI/save problems, the jump bug, and the dreaded kidnapped baby issue.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: