More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 28, 01:40:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6519 Members
Latest Member: Gegahex
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Resetting those bugged beds: what did I do wrong?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resetting those bugged beds: what did I do wrong?  (Read 3378 times)
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Resetting those bugged beds: what did I do wrong?
« on: 2005 October 17, 21:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it happened to my poor sims again.  My family moved to another lot so armed with the knowledge that if their bed had a problem I could use the testingcheatsenabled 'reset' option and it should fix the bed.  I was really hoping I wouldn't have the problem since it doesn't always happen, but indeed it cropped up.

I enabled the boolprop testingcheats, then shift-clicked on the bed and chose 'reset' (which was the only option).

I then tried to set the bed against the wall, which didn't work and the bed was no longer clickable (I don't know if it was clickable before the reset or not because I hadn't tried it).

The things I noticed the reset did do was to put my sim's aspiration meters down into the green, like newly-created sims (they were in platinum when they moved in) and reset the refrigerator to be stocked with food.

I'm new to the whole testingcheatsenabled thing so I'm wondering if there is something I did wrong.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Resetting those bugged beds: what did I do wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 17, 21:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to reset a bed, and that didn't work for me either. I had to buy a new one - and then found out it was a very odd custom bed as it only cost 300 and gave me 1200 when I sold it... so not like I minded toooo much. Was yours custom? I'm suspecting it only works right with maxis stuff or at least doesn't work with custom meshes. otoh, everything else did reset and placed properly... 'cept I'm pretty sure it didn't affect the sims - the were still platinum. I did get an error message on the computer, but it's a serious hack and still worked fine, so I ignored it.

Unsouper
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 17, 21:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that's my problem--it is a custom mesh.  If it won't reset it's definitely not the end of the world.  I've noticed that even if your sims don't have enough money to buy a replacement, with the old one sold off, you can go into the hole by using the clone tool.  And thanks to the family funds cheat, my sims can no be reimbursed for the exact depreciation amount.  Tongue

I have a couple of those beds, too.  You buy for something like $480 and they sell for over $600.  It happens when an object is cloned from an expensive one then when it 'depreciates' it goes up to its original depreciation value.  I remember the first time I ran into this in TS1.  I'd downloaded some really neat fences that cost only $1.  Then when my sim's bills came I couldn't figure out how on earth they could owe so much money!  I was moving their fencing and when I picked it up I saw why.  Each fence piece had appreciated to something like $35.  I finally started going through and re-pricing most of the objects like that that I downloaded because unless you were constantly buying and selling off things (which was good in some cases), those poor sims would be billed to death.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 17, 22:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's odd that reseting the bed should change your sims' meters. Were they in the bed when you've reset it? I've never had that happen before with reseting an object, but I've also always rest the bed when they weren't in it.

Anyhow, I know reseting does fix the beds that get bugged and won't let anyone sleep on one side. I'll admit I haven't tried it with the inventory issue because I haven't really hauled much stuff between houses yet. I guess it was worth a shot.  Sad

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 17, 22:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, Motoki, they weren't in the bed.  They'd just got onto the lot and were standing near the mailbox while I unpacked their belongings.

It was one of the funniest things, though!  This couple is a Legacy family and they'd just got enough money for a house, so I found one in my bin they could afford that was on the same size lot they had.

They'd been married for almost a week, and the little wifey who is a family sim (the only reason he married a family sim was because he only knew three eligible women--two family sims, one popularity sim and he and the popularity sim just didn't get on that well) of course wanted a child right away, but I decided to wait until they could put a roof over its head.  Well, I guess the hubby felt the same way because on their old lot he'd never rolled the want to have a baby.  He got moved into their new house and almost immediately rolled the 'have a baby' want.  I had to laugh--was thinking that this sim at least had a LITTLE common sense! LOL

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 17, 23:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird... that doesn't sound right. When I reset an object (e.g. in a dormitory, when an invisible dormie has been using an object and it's got stuck in "being used" mode), I enable boolprop TestingCheatsEnabled true, shift-click the object, and choose Force Error. Then I get a dialogue box with 3 options: Cancel, Reset or ... something else, I can't remember the third option. Reset is the middle option of the three. This happens for me the same way no matter which object I click (whether it is buggy at that moment or not), although some objects have further options, like *Set Dirty (status) on plumbing.

Did you click Force Error before Reset? 

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 17, 23:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right!  I forgot about that.  I did click on a 'force error' button, then clicked 'reset'.

Sorry about the confusion.  Unless I write things down I sometimes forget individual steps.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: